Finlay Creek Fire News Release No.2 Correction
Another day of hot, dry conditions as the BC Wildfire Service continues to fight the Finlay Creek wildfire, southwest of Peachland.
It says there was substantial growth overnight and the fire is estimated at approximately 1,000-hectares.
As a precaution, the Emergency Operation Centre is expanding the Evacuation Alert to include about 206 additional properties over and above those that were put on Alert last night.
The new properties under Evacuation Alert within the District of Peachland include:
- 6575 – 7280 (correct) Highway 97
- 4948 – 5079 Elliott Avenue
- 6421 – 6465 Mack Road
- 6457 – 6650 Renfrew Road
- 6470 – 6484 Renfrew Court
- 4949 – 5061 Princeton Avenue
- 6487 – 6568 Sherburn Road
- 6471 – 6485 Stuart Crescent South
- 6503 – 6551 Ferguson Place
- 6426 – 6575 Vernon Avenue
- 6465 – 6590 Bulyea Avenue
Those new properties under Evacuation Alert within the Regional District of Central Okanagan Central Okanagan West Electoral Area include:
- Brent Road
- Zipzone – upper Princteon Avenue (5875 Brenda Forest Service Road)
Residents in these areas should be prepared to leave their homes on short notice should fire conditions change. A detailed map showing the affected properties is available at www.cordemergency.ca.
Last night, residents from approximately 100 properties in the following areas were put on Evacuation Alert:
- Properties south of Princeton Avenue and south to the District of Peachland boundary, including:
- 5247 Inga Street
- 6400-6493 Keyes Avenue
- 5357-5495 Pierce Street
- 5420-5443 Pierce Place
- 5440-5463 McDougland Road
- 5155-5379 Princeton Avenue (south side of the road only)
- Properties west of Antlers Beach including:
- 6705-6711 Highway 97
- 6691-6789 Thorne Road
- 303-307 Log Chute Drive
A detailed map is available showing affected properties at www.cordemergency.ca.
All properties on evacuation alert should be prepared to leave on short notice should conditions change. Residents in the affected area should be prepared to be away from their homes for an extended period of time, make arrangements for pets and pack essential items such as medicines and important documents. Visit the be prepared page for more information.