On Sunday, “Wonder Woman” director Patty Jenkins tweeted a note her producer received from an elementary school teacher detailing 11 ways the movie has already created a new culture in the classroom.
Some of the highlights include:
- “On Monday, a boy who was obsessed with Iron Man told me he had asked his parents for a new Wonder Woman lunchbox.”
- “A little girl said ‘When I grow up I want to speak hundreds of languages like Diana.'”
- “Seven girls playing together during recess … [said] that since they all wanted to be Wonder Woman, they had agreed to be Amazons and not fight but work together to defeat evil.”
- “On Wednesday, a girl came with a printed list of every single female superhero and her powers, to avoid any trouble when deciding roles at recess.”
- “A boy threw his candy wrapping [on] the floor and a 5-year-old girl screamed, ‘DON’T POLLUTE YOU IDIOT, THAT IS WHY THERE ARE NO MEN IN TEMYSCIRA.'”